Fat burners make many people think of magic weight loss pills. And while there is no such thing as a magic pill that will make you lose weight without any other effort, there are some fat burners for women that can offer results when taken appropriately and possible under a doctor’s supervision.
The best fat burners on the market today are developed on years of research and experience with plenty of clinical evidence for their results. If you need to get ripped for a show, want a physique for the beach or are just looking to shed a little weight, a good fat burner for women should have its place in your regime.
The following weight loss products make credible claims and we looked at the most popular and also less known fat burners on the market. We also cover the criteria that were used to find the below products. It essentially comes down to the studies, the science, the evidence and results that come from effective ingredients.
As with any supplement, not all fat burner ingredients are created equal. Many ingredients (such as capsicum) are known to provide results in studies while others require further research. That doesn’t mean that they don’t work but if a supplement makes big claims, the studies should be available to back them up.
These fat burners can suppress appetite, enhance thermogenesis, provide fat oxidation, lower calorific absorption and increase energy levels.
So after much research and testing, here are the 10 best fat burners for women.
Top 5 Women’s Fat Burners
|#1||PhenQ||Best overall.Great ingredient backed by research.|
|#2||Instant Knockout||Used by athletes. High caffeine content.|
|#3||Phen24||Day and night pills. Good for overall health.|
|#4||Hourglass||Designed especially for females.|
|#5||Evlution Lean Mode||Low stimulant ingredients from a well-known brand.|
#1 – PhenQ – Best Ingredients
PhenQ consists of an energy-boosting, thermogenic, appetite suppressing mixture of ingredients.
Prominent ingredients include Capsimax (a capsicum blend), Vitamin B3, caffeine and black pepper extract. All of which are proven to be effective in weight management and make this a pretty good thermogenic fat burner.
One of the big differences (and claims) about this product is in the inclusion of α-Lacys Reset®. This helped a test group to lose 7.24% of their body fat while increasing muscle mass by 3.8%. These may sound like wild claims but they are backed by data on their website.
Other ingredients including l-carnitine fumarate and chromium picolinate have some evidence that they increase metabolic rate but not as much as other ingredients. Chromium is also one of the most well-known appetite suppressants around. Calcium carbonate is part of the mixture to help prevent fat accumulation as noted in the International Journal of Obesity
The product has had a lot of hype. But it does live up to this hype without costing a huge amount of money. On that subject, the 60-day money-back guarantee is a nice touch.
- Contains ingredients proven to support weight loss
- Only a single pill per serving
- Money-back guarantee
- Contains caffeine so shouldn’t be taken in the evening
- Some ingredients could use more scientific evidence
#2 – Instant Knockout – High Caffeine & Appetite Suppressing
Instant Knockout was developed for fighters who needed to lose weight. They are probably the most serious performance athletes when it comes to weight reduction.
The product has higher amounts of glucomannan than the average fat shredding supplement. This means it has great appetite suppressing abilities. This combined with the green coffee extract, green tea extract, black pepper, vitamin B6, B12, zinc and cayenne makes it a decent fat burning mixture.
The supplement also contains higher than average cayenne pepper amounts and also GTF chromium. This is not found in many other fat burner supplements but has research backing it .
Instant Knockout is advertised as a great fat burner for women. But it does contain a 300mg daily serving of caffeine content. Caffeine is effective for weight loss support but may put those who are particularly sensitive to caffeine off.
- Reasonable amounts of chromium picolinate
- Effective as an appetite suppressant
- Money-back guarantee
- Higher than average in caffeine
- Lower than average in green coffee extract
#3 – Phen24 – Day & Night Diet Pills
One of the problems with most normal fat burners is that they contain stimulants so that they cannot be consumed in the evening. So you can lose out on getting the appetite suppressing and increased metabolism later in the day. Phen24 is unique in that it comprises of a day and a night pill, hence the name Phen24 (hours).
The day pill has a fat-burning formula. Its ingredients include caffeine, cayenne powder and guarana extract that are common in weight loss supplements and have been mentioned previously. It also includes L-Phenylalanine which is an essential amino acid that has shown to stimulate body fat oxidation during exercise. It helps with appetite control by causing the release of cholecystokinin, an intestinal hormone and it improves mood. There’s also zinc which helps to stabilize blood sugar levels and improve metabolism.
Then there are some ingredients that help overall wellbeing and mood. Manganese is included to help with brain function and copper for energy (a deficiency can cause fatigue and weakness). 150mcg of Iodine is also part of the mixture to promote thyroid health. This meets the recommended value by the FDA and helps to ensure a healthy metabolism.
The night pill is designed to reduce food cravings in the evening (with the use of chromium and glucomannan) and offer a small increase in metabolic rate from green tea extract, Thiamine HCL, Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine hydrochloride). D-Biotin assists in the breakdown of food as an enzyme and Calcium D-Pantothenate helps with sleep along with hops extract. Ascorbic acid is added to help with muscle growth, but there isn’t a lot of evidence to support that.
- An extensive list of ingredients. Most of which have scientific backing
- Benefits from a night pill
- Need to remember to take multiple capsules daily
#4 – Hourglass – Designed For Females
Hourglass is a weight loss supplement specifically for women. As far as the ingredients go, it contains a decent amount of green tea extract that included polyphenols and the all-important EGCG. It also contains a large amount of glucomannan to suppress cravings and hunger. Chromium is also part of the package which has some evidence to help weight reduction.
The Hourglass fat burner pills also contain a number of vitamins. Vitamin D helps the body to retain calcium and prevents over-absorption of certain hormones and chemicals. Research has shown that having a vitamin D deficiency can contribute to obesity.
The capsules contain the patented form of cayenne pepper, Capsimax for thermogenic effects. As the diet pills do not contain additional caffeine, guarana as added for energy. Black pepper is present for its component piperine which is proven to help the blocking of new fat cells being formed.
- Great for those sensitive to caffeine
- Strong appetite-suppressing abilities
- Contains Capsimax and additional vitamins
- Low in caffeine
#5 – Evlution LeanMode – Stimulant-Free
LeanMode by Evlution Nutrition is a stimulant-free fat burner that is claimed to increase metabolism, burn fat, suppress appetite and improve energy levels. So without additional caffeine, this means that the supplement must rely on its other ingredients for results.
These ingredients are green coffee bean extract, CLA (Conjugated Linoleic Acid), acetyl-l-carnitine, Garcinia Cambogia extract and green coffee bean extract. Depending on which part of the world you obtain it, you may get Chromium rather than Garcinia Cambogia. CLA is proven to reduce fat stores in animals but not so much in humans .
Garcinia Cambogia has been a popular weight loss supplement in the past and has been shown scientifically to cause modest fat reduction. Controlled trials in humans have shown that green coffee bean extract can lead to a significant amount of fat burning.
- Low Price
- Popular weight loss ingredients
- CLA doesn’t have much evidence backing it
- Ingredients change depending on where you purchase from
How We Choose
#1 – Scientific Research & Trials
The top fat burning ingredients will be backed by scientific studies. There may be also ingredients that have some studies supporting them to be effective for fat burning for women but the results might be exaggerated by supplement company’s marketing claims.
An example is where you might see a diet pill being advertised that is you take one before a meal, you absorb any of the carbs. This simply isn’t possible.
#2 – Effective Ingredient Amounts
For a particular ingredient to be effective, it must be taken in a reasonable amount i.e a similar amount that was taken during scientific studies. Too many manufacturers have a huge list of great-sounding ingredients but have minuscule and ineffective amounts of them in the product.
An example of this is raspberry ketones. They are included in many supplements but hardly any have substantial amounts that will cause the effects shown in studies.
#3 – Proprietary Mixtures
If you look at some supplements ingredients lists, you may see something with a cool sounding name like “fat-burning matrix 3000”. These sorts of proprietary blends don’t tell us how much of each ingredient is in the supplement. For that reason, we don’t include any of those here in our guide.
How To Get The Best Results
You will need to do more than just take pills to lose weight effectively. Here are some tips to help in burning fat:
What To Look For In A Fat Burning Supplement?
Fat mass in women is generally naturally higher and it is more difficult to eliminate. So a suitable supplement must be able to effectively:
- Oxidize Fat – A good supplement will use a combination of ingredients to increase metabolism and this burn fat stores quicker than normal. It will also have some ability in preventing the conversion fo carbs to stored body fat.
- Control Appetite – Females often have more of a desire for food than males. Control of the appetite (appetite suppression) is an important feature of any good fat burning supplement. Ingredients such as chromium picolinate and glucomannan can help to curb card and sugar cravings.
- Stimulants – These are means to increase metabolism. But it’s normal for ladies to have a lower tolerance to stimulants. A suitable fat burner for females should consider this. Stimulants are also useful to help someone throughout their day. If you on a calorific deficit, it’s likely that you won’t feel as energetic as you would if you ate more calories. Stimulants, such as caffeine or guarana can help you feel more energized.
- Aid digestion – Ingredient such as D-Biotin is useful in breaking down foods and some ingredients have been shown to lower the conversion of carbs to fat.
- General health – A healthy body will be more likely to have a higher metabolism. Some fat burning supplements include ingredients to support overall wellbeing. A good example of this is iodine found in Phen24. An iodine deficiency can lead to an unhealthy thyroid which in turn means a slower metabolic rate.
Common Fat Burning Ingredients
There are common fat burner ingredients that are proven to work and give results. Here are some examples of ingredients you should find in the best fat burners for women:
#1 – Caffeine
Caffeine anhydrous is one of the best and common stimulants around. When used correctly, caffeine helps you to perform better during workouts. Not only that, but it also increases adrenaline and metabolism and is proven to help in weight reduction . Some people can be sensitive to caffeine so it’s important to check the amounts in fat burning supplements. If you get caffeine from other sources such as green tea, coffee or energy drinks, it might be a good idea to look for a fat burner that is low in caffeine.
#2 – Green Coffee Bean Extract
This is made from unroasted coffee beans. The fat-burning properties of green coffee bean extract comes from chlorogenic acid and caffeine. Chlorogenic acid has been shown to reduce sugar absorption  and increase fat burning during sleep. Roasted coffee beans have less chlorogenic acid which is why the unroasted variety is used. One study showed 5x the weight loss over a 12 week period when compared to the placebo group. A good amount to look for is over 100mg per day in your supplement.
#3 – Green Tea Extract
This is a commonly used ingredient in fat burning supplements. Green tea extract has been shown to be good for the heart, liver and brain. Green tea extract contains catechins and caffeine which have both been proven to aid in increasing the body’s calorie consumption.
One of the catechins in green tea extract is the plant compound and antioxidant EGCG (Epigallocatechin Gallate). This is has been shown to offer numerous health benefits including reducing inflammation and stress. Another key benefit is affecting fat oxidation and fat mass. This is a great advantage for a fat burner supplement to have but it’s important that the extract contains it, as some just contain tea leaves.
Other benefits of green tea extract include delaying muscle fatigue, reducing the risk of cancer, Parkinson’s disease and Alzheimer’s. It can also help to improve skin making it a valuable addition to your nutritional intake. If you opt to drink green tea, you can also get the benefits from L-Theanine which has fat loss benefits.
#4 – Cayenne Pepper/Capsaicin
Foods that are spicy have thermogenic properties that increase body temperature and work as a metabolism booster. Most species of capsicum, such as chili peppers, contain the polyphenol capsaicin. This is responsible for the spicy flavor and heat. Research studies found that consuming these had increased energy expenditure from thermogenesis and an increase in the oxidation of fatty acid. Capsaicinoids stimulate lipase which is an enzyme that breaks down body fat for energy. They also break down adenosine triphosphate, the main form of energy for the body.
As you can imaging, it can be difficult for many people to eat chili peppers every day. So it is consumed in capsule form to avoid discomfort. Many fat burning supplements such as PhenQ contain some form of cayenne or chili pepper, both of which contain capsaicin. These types of pepper also suppress food cravings .
#5 – L-Carnitine
L-Carnitine is an amino acid commonly used for its effect on brain function and weight loss. Here are the 3 most interesting types:
- Acetyl L-carnitine: This is found in PhenQ and often referred to as ALCAR. Studies suggest that this is effective for brain health and may benefit those with neurodegenerative disease.
- L-carnitine L-tartrate: This has been shown to possibly aid recovery after exercise. For this reason, it is commonly used in health supplements.
- Propionyl L-carnitine: Can help with circulation issues including blood pressure. It may also improve the body’s nitric oxide production, and thus blood flow.
It has been shown to assist in weight loss in some studies, particularly when used by obese individuals, but not in all studies. This requires more research to confirm its effectiveness for more active individuals.
What To Avoid In Fat Burners For Women?
There are some weight loss ingredients that were used in the past where the downsides were found to outweigh the benefits. Most of these ingredients are not present in most supplements today. But it’s worth checking they are not in any fat burner for abs that you purchase.
- DMAA – Dimethylamylamine is a synthetic drug found in some dietary supplements. DMAA use has been reported to cause high blood pressure, heart problems and cerebral hemorrhaging. This shouldn’t be included in the best supplements.
- Ephedra – In 2003 the Food and Drug Administration banned the sale of products that contain ephedra after a number of deaths related to it. It is still commonly used as part of an ECA stack which contains ephedrine, caffeine and aspirin for cutting. Any of the top fat burners should not contain it.
- DMAE – Naturally found in fish oil, Dimethylaminoethanol is said to improve cognitive function and work as a slimming aid. But the actual scientific proof is somewhat lacking. It has been known, however, to give side effects of insomnia and headaches.
Potential Side Effects
A typical fat burner is safe when taken as directed by its label. But there are some fat burner side effects that have a chance of being caused:
- Stomach issues – Those who have a sensitive stomach can have digestive problems or an upset stomach. Others may experience constipation or diarrhea. Flatulence is another potential issue that some face.
- Unknown ingredients – In the past, some companies have added ingredients to their supplements that are potentially unsafe and not approved by the FDA. Many of these have been banned but sometimes new products come out with bad ingredients. You should only buy from reputable manufacturers.
- Allergies – It’s possible that some ingredients in fat burners can cause an allergic reaction.
- Mood – The stimulants in fat burners can cause mood shifts and jitters. This can often also be an effect of not getting good enough quality sleep.
- Heart issues – Stimulants like caffeine are known to increase heart rate. Some ingredients may cause cardiac problems such as heart palpitations. Those with existing heart problems should seek a stimulant-free supplement.
Fat burners help with fat loss when the correct well balanced diet is used. Fat burners not only increase metabolism but they also offer a number of other benefits such as suppressing appetite, boosting energy and improving overall health.
The best fat burner on the market is PhenQ right now. This is currently the strongest and features the top ingredients with the most scientific evidence behind them.
PhenQ is the top diet pill for belly fat. But you should remember that you cannot spot reduce when it comes to body fat. You must lose fat across your entire body to burn belly fat too.
Final Thoughts – What Is the Best Fat Burner For Ladies
We’ve been through our selections of the top 5 supplements and most popular on the market right now. PhenQ tops our list, but you can’t go wrong picking any of the products in our guide. Especially as as it can be quite confusing when it comes to supplements. It’s important to note that you won’t get the best out of these products unless you are following a healthy diet, proper nutrition along with regular exercise.
- Pittler MH et al, Chromium picolinate for reducing body weight: meta-analysis of randomized trials, Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord. 2003 Apr;27(4):522-9.
- Whigham LD et al, Efficacy of conjugated linoleic acid for reducing fat mass: a meta-analysis in humans, Am J Clin Nutr. 2007 May;85(5):1203-11.
- Wilcox AR, The effects of caffeine and exercise on body weight, fat-pad weight, and fat-cell size, Med Sci Sports Exerc. 1982;14(4):317-21.
- Thom E, The effect of chlorogenic acid enriched coffee on glucose absorption in healthy volunteers and its effect on body mass when used long-term in overweight and obese people, J Int Med Res. 2007 Nov-Dec;35(6):900-8.
- Chaiyata P et al, Effect of chili pepper (Capsicum frutescens) ingestion on plasma glucose response and metabolic rate in Thai women, J Med Assoc Thai. 2003 Sep;86(9):854-60.
The information found on this website is intended for entertainment purposes. It does not constitute medical, healthcare or professional advice and should not be used as such. Consult a physician before undertaking any sort of weight loss plan.