Best Women’s CrossFit Shoes
If you are looking for the perfect pair of CrossFit shoes, it can be difficult to choose from the wide selection on the market today. The choice can be made even more challenging by the fact that CrossFit shoes have to be suited to a range of activities, offering excellent stability for weightlifting, together with extra cushioning for running and breathability so that they can handle intense exercise output, all while ensuring adequate protection for the feet.
CrossFit is a sport which requires its participants to balance their performance across several physical activities. This means that a pair of shoes used for CrossFit need to be capable of balancing stability while lifting weights with enough flexibility so that they can absorb the shocks of jumping and running. Breathability and comfort are two more key factors which must be borne in mind when choosing the right footwear for your WOD. The shoes must also have enough sensitivity for the wearer’s foot to feel the surface on which they are standing, and offer sufficient protection from abrasions and impacts that the feet may encounter in an intense workout. Ladies weightlifting shoes can be good for many of the Crossfit exercises but some types can lack the flexibility required.
So, what are the best women’s shoes for crossfit? Here, we look at five of the top performing pairs on the market today so that you can compare their specifications and features and make an informed choice about which is the right footwear to suit you.
The Top 5 CrossFit Shoes For Women
- Perfect for use outdoors and indoors. Offer superb performance during heavy workout and weightlifting.
- Lightweight and flexible. Available in a wide range of colors.
- From a reputable footwear manufacturer. Features technology to prevent rope burn.
- Features GEL cushioning for great comfort and internal sleeve to support the wearer's foot.
#1 – Reebok Women’s Crossfit Nano 7.0
Reebok is one of the best-known brands in the sporting industry, so it doesn’t come as a surprise that a pair of Reebok CrossFit shoes are featured at the top of this list. The CrossFit Nano 7.0 Track Shoe is a robust and well-constructed piece of footwear which offers impressive performance without compromising on style. Coming in at an affordable price, this versatile pair of training shoes is ideal for all three elements of CrossFit training and has been designed to offer the highest level of performance.
This pair of CrossFit training shoes has enhanced breathability which ensures optimal airflow around the foot. This helps to keep the feet cooler while working out, even on the hottest days, while also ensuring that sweat is effectively kept to a minimum for less rubbing and blistering associated with moisture. The uppers of these shoes have a seamless construction for extra durability whilst the minimal drop outer soles provide a sturdy and solid foundation to allow for the effective lifting of weights.
The advanced woven technology ensures that the wearer enjoys a secure and comfortable fit so that they can fully concentrate on their workout without experiencing any discomfort. With a multi-surfaced outer sole, burpees and rope climbs are a breeze while the external heel counter ensures extra stability. With their low profile, these comfortable training shoes for Crossfit have a reinforced heel cup for additional robustness while the power launch toe box ensures a higher level of performance. The 4mm heel to toe drop allows the wearer to run, lift weights and perform gymnastic exercises without any difficulties and the outer sole is flexible to move more naturally with the foot. The insole is removable to suit the wearer’s individual preferences while the heel piece ensures optimal leverage during lifts.
- Breathable uppers to reduce moisture and optimize airflow for better comfort
- Seamless durable upper construction
- Available in a wide range of styles and colors
- Reinforced heel cup for extra durability
- Power launch toe box for better performance
- 4mm heel to toe drop for all-round performance and function as well as better stability
- Flexible rubber outer sole for more natural movement
- Removable insoles to suit the wearer’s preference
- Added heel piece for better leverage during lifts
- Multi-surface outer soles for excellent performance on burpees and rope climbs
- Comfortable and secure fit thanks to the Nanoweave woven technology
- Narrow across the midfoot section, so laces may need to be loosened during the breaking in period
- There is a lack of arch support while running
#2 – Nike Women’s Metcon 2 Training Shoe
These attractively designed shoes look great and offer excellent CrossFit performance. Available in a wide range of colors, these high-performance shoes offer the quality that you would expect from such a famous sporting brand as Nike. These cross-training sneakers have been designed to cope with rigorous and intense Crossfit workouts including sprints, climbs, and heavy lifting, and thanks to their breathable mesh uppers, they are ideal for working out in all kinds of weather conditions.
These stylish Nike CrossFit shoes from the famous brand feature Flywire mid-foot technology which has been specifically designed to lock the wearer’s foot firmly in place for better stability and sturdiness while working out. The midsoles are made from a dual-density foam which ensures optimal cushioning for the sole of the foot to guard against the shocks or impacts when running on hard surfaces and long lasting support throughout the wearer’s exercise regime.
This footwear also provides a stable and flat platform to promote safe and impressive weight lifting whilst the zero drag heel has been designed specifically to accommodate hand-stand push-ups. The strong and durable rubber soles have excellent traction on all kinds of surfaces while the breathable mesh uppers allow for optimal air circulation to reduce heat and moisture during wear. This ensures that the wearer does not experience the painful rubbing and blistering that can arise from sweat whilst keeping the feet comfortable even on the hottest days.
- Breathable mesh uppers to improve airflow and reduce moisture
- Strong and robust rubber soles for better traction
- Designed specifically for heavy-duty workouts
- Flywire mid-foot technology for better stability
- Dual-density foam midsoles for better support and cushioning
- Stable and flat platform for easier and safer weight lifting
- Zero drag heel
- Dynamic range of stylish designs
- The size runs around half a size larger than expected
- The laces are quite short and may require replacing
#3 – Reebok Women’s Crossfit Nano 5.0 Training Shoe
These high-quality training shoes from the popular Reebok brand can be found in a wide range of colors and styles to suit all tastes. Designed specifically to withstand the rigors of CrossFit training, this comfortable footwear is stylish, supportive and lightweight for an impressive fit and excellent performance. Made from Kevlar, these training shoes effectively protect the feet through the various challenges involved in CrossFit thanks to their impressive anatomical design while the breathable uppers keep the feet cool and comfortable whatever the weather.
Made from highly a durable Kevlar fabric, these shoes are incredibly resilient and are robust enough to withstand the rigors of even the most heavy duty exercise. As this material has been fused onto the entire surface area of the uppers, the wearer can rest assured that the feet will enjoy adequate protection and support precisely where it is needed most. The newly re-engineered shape of this footwear has been designed to fit to the foot even more effectively than ever before with a precise anatomical design which includes a brand new heel counter which has been contoured to the shape of the heel for better protection and support.
The midsoles are made from NanoShell, which is a hard shell made from Thermoplastic Polyurethane to support the wearer’s foot during both lateral and medial movements. It also protects the foot when performing heavy weight lifts without compromising on soft surface contact to guard against painful impacts. This footwear is Reebok’s strongest, lightest and most innovative Nano shoe, and represents an excellent choice for CrossFit training.
- Lightweight design for better flexibility, comfort, and ease of movement
- Available in a huge choice of styles and colors to suit the preferences of all kinds of wearers
- Durable Kevlar material covers the entire upper for better protection and durability even during heavy-duty exercise regimes, and for optimal support where it is most needed
- The newly re-engineered shape has been designed to have a more anatomical fit to the foot
- New contoured heel counter for better support and protection
- NanoShell midsoles support the wearer’s foot effectively when performing both lateral and medial movements and during heavy lifts
- Soles provide soft contact for the foot on hard surfaces
- These shoes run about a half size too small
- The toe box is quite narrow making these shoes quite uncomfortable for those with narrow feet
#4 – Inov-8 Women’s F-Lite 235 Fitness Shoe
When style is just as important as performance, the Inov-8 F-Lite 235 Fitness Shoes are a perfect choice. With their bright and stylish appearance, these training shoes are lightweight and are made from high-quality materials for long lasting and durable performance. Offering optimal flexibility and versatility to CrossFit trainers, this footwear protects the wearer’s feet from rope burn and impacts for a more functional and impressive pair of training shoes. If you are a serious CrossFit competitor, you will love these durable and effective shoes which will give you all of the comforts and cushioning that you need to excel in your sport.
Inov-8 is a quality British company which has its focus on off-road running products. This footwear ranks among the most lightweight and flexible on the market today, complementing the human body’s natural biomechanics for a higher level of performance. Designed to accommodate the demands of a wide range of outdoor environments, these training shoes are durable yet completely comfortable, making them the perfect choice not only for high-performance athletes but also for recreational users who are looking for a pair of training sneakers that will last and help them to maximise their potential. Available in several stylish colors, these training shoes work well with every workout outfit, yet also ensure the highest possible level of performance. The rubber soles offer optimal traction on all kinds of surfaces, even when climbing ropes, and the 3mm cleat depth ensures an outstanding grip. The uppers are made from an ultra-lightweight mesh for excellent breathability.
Thanks to the excellent air flow, this footwear is comfortable and cool to wear, even on the warmest days, and will guard against the blistering which can occur due to moisture and sweat. The lining too is made from a breathable mesh for even better circulation and moisture wicking. The midsoles are made from compressed EVA offering the best possible shock absorption from impacts on hard surfaces, and as these shoes have been designed to be more flexible than ever, they move more naturally with the foot during all types of exercise. Versatile and durable, the Inov-8 F-Lite 235 is ideal for both serious competitors and amateurs alike, and with its 360 degree Rope-Tec properties, it protects the feet effectively from rope burn whilst climbing. Thanks to the 40% denser heel unit, wearers can enjoy greater stability while lifting weights and the toe bumper is seamless to offer better protection whilst performing burpees. With optimal cushioning for the entire sole of the foot, these training shoes are an ideal choice for the dedicated CrossFit enthusiast.
- Optimal cushioning to the sole for better comfort of wear on all types of surfaces
- Seamless toe bumper for better protection during burpees
- 40% denser heel unit for better stability during weightlifting
- 360 degrees Rope-Tec properties to guard against rope burn whilst climbing
- Multi-directional outer soles ensure excellent stability and traction
- Ideal for both recreational and professional wearers
- 3mm cleated sole for optimal grip
- Compressed EVA midsoles for better cushioning against impacts
- Breathable mesh uppers and lining for improved airflow, reduced moisture and better comfort
- Available in several stylish colors to suit all tastes
#5 – ASICS Women’s GEL-Fit Sana 2 Fitness Shoe
The ASICS brand is well known for its high-quality sporting goods and high-performance footwear, and these fitness shoes from this manufacturer will not disappoint. Designed to the highest specifications, this stylish footwear incorporates cutting-edge technology to protect the foot whilst offering support and cushioning for optimal comfort. If you need CrossFit footwear that will help you to get more out of your regular workout, the GEL-Fit Sana 2 is perfect for you.
The ASICS GEL-Fit Sana 2 footwear features a strong and durable rubber sole for optimal traction and grip on all kinds of surfaces, ensuring better safety and stability while working out. These low-profile training shoes feature contrast groove graphic uppers for a more attractive appearance paired with an external stretch heel cup for better support and protection. The mono-sock fit system with its elastic internal sleeve ensures a secure fit to the foot with excellent support and tension between the forefoot and heel. The rearfoot GEL cushioning system supports the sole when working out on hard surfaces, guarding against the shock of impacts and ensuring comfortable wear even for extended periods.
Thanks to the AHAR+ high-abrasion outer soles, this footwear is incredibly resilient and hard-wearing, whilst the sole geometry has been designed with fitness in mind. The midsoles are flexible and lightweight to move more naturally with the foot without causing excessive wearer fatigue, ensuring that this is some of the most comfortable and effective footwear for CrossFit training on the market today.
- Durable and strong rubber soles for better grip and traction on all types of surface
- Contrast groove graphic uppers ensure a stylish and attractive appearance
- External stretch heel cup improves protection and adds additional support
- Mono-sock fit system features an elastic internal sleeve to offer more support and tension across the length of the entire foot
- GEL cushioning system for better support and shock absorption
- AHAR+ high abrasion soles for extra resilience and durability
- Fitness focused sole geometry for high performance
- Lightweight, flexible midsoles to reduce wearer fatigue
- The tongue of these shoes is not flexible which makes these shoes unsuitable for those with wider feet and who require extra expansion capabilities
- These shoes have a small and narrow fit
Essential Qualities In A CrossFit Shoe
CrossFit is a sport which combines three disciplines: Running, gymnastics and weightlifting. As many shoes offer excellent performance for one of these disciplines but not the others, it can be a challenge to find footwear which can offer an equal balance between the three.
This is a sport which is becoming more popular, and many people who are coming into CrossFit have a different athletic background which can also come with their own flexibility issues, injury histories, and weaknesses. Just like when choosing a pair of workout gloves, before you decide on the perfect pair of good CrossFit shoes, you should consider your own athletic background and how that can impact on your footwear needs. If you can find a pair which can address your requirements, you will get extra benefits from your workout.
What Should I Consider?
There are several factors which you should bear in mind when choosing a pair of CrossFit shoes:
During your CrossFit training, you will need to climb ropes, and this requires a certain amount of structure in your shoe. You will need a strong enough instep to be able to grip the rope effectively with your feet without experiencing pain or discomfort. Having sufficient grip on the sole of your shoe is vital to accomplishing this part of your workout. You will also need footwear which has sufficient protection to the uppers when jumping ropes.
Climbing down ropes safely requires footwear which is able to withstand friction in the area where the sole meets the uppers. Sticky rubber insteps are an excellent feature to look for while Kevlar uppers will ensure that the shoes are sturdy enough to withstand this rigorous part of your workout.
CrossFit training involves working out both indoors and outdoors. This means that you will need footwear which is suited to the environment in which you live. For example, if you live in a cold region with lots of snow, you will need a pair of shoes which offer optimal traction on slippery surfaces. However, if you live in a very hot region you will need sneakers which are breathable and have mesh uppers to allow for better air circulation.
You will require a different pair of CrossFit shoes depending on your fitness background. For example, if you are a weightlifter who is new to CrossFit you will need footwear which has a lower heel rise (between 0 and 4 mm), and which is sturdy enough to support you when lifting weights whilst also being versatile enough for the other elements of a CrossFit workout. On the other hand, if you are already a runner but are new to CrossFit, you will be used to compressive soles. In this case, you will require training shoes which can support lifting moderate weights while also feeling fast and light during runsand explosive movements. If you are relatively new to running, on the other hand, you should choose a pair of training shoes which encourages correct foot placement.
Although it is very easy to ignore the element of comfort when choosing a pair of training shoes, it is essential to bear in mind that you will be unable to focus fully on your CrossFit workout if your feet are uncomfortable or in pain. In order to maximise your workout potential, you need to choose footwear that supports and cushions the feet effectively.
There are many excellent pairs of CrossFit training shoes on the market today, and you are sure to find a pair to suit your needs if you keep in mind all of the essential factors mentioned in this helpful guide. The best CrossFit shoes for women are stylish without compromising on performance or quality and will help you to get the most out of your workout, whether you are a professional athlete or a keen amateur. Hopefully, you have found our reviews helpful in assisting you to find a great pair of crossfit shoes.