Adidas Womens Powerlift 3 Weightlifting Shoe Review
The Adidas Performance Women’s Powerlift 3 Cross-Trainer Shoe is essentially a newer, more improved and upgraded version of the highly popular and notably high-rated Adidas Powerlift 2. It is certainly greatly improved and more powerful. Plus, it is currently rated #1 in our women’s weightlifting shoe guide.
It features a lockdown fit style, and it’s innovative extra-wide design allows your foot to spread out for maximum stability. The Powerlift 3 is a shoe where the upper is snug-fitting and the midfoot strap is wide to offer extra support, just where it is needed most.
The midsole has a high density die cut wedge that keeps the wearer closer to the ground while also offering added lightweight stability, more so than other non-performance shoes.
The Powerlift 3 trainer shoe features a rubber sole, a lace-up, hook-and-loop strap overlay, and an air-mesh tongue, collar and lining. The outsole offers anti-slip properties giving you the maximum amount of grip possible.
What Makes Them So Good?
We rated these highly in our weightlifting shoe article here because they are a very high-quality powerlifting shoe. If you’re seeking a pair of shoes for the gym at a reasonable price that will also aid you in achieving the results that you want while at the gym, the Adidas Performance Powerlift 3 Cross-Trainers just might be exactly what you need.
The Adidas Powerlift 3 is a great improvement on the Powerlift 2 shoe, with the most noticeable differences being:
- Wider straps to provide a tighter fit
- Increased breathability with the air mesh lining
- Improved and upgraded anti-slip outsole
This shoe is designed to handle virtually any level of weight that is thrown at it. Although it’s primarily intended to be worn as a weightlifting sneaker, it has the flexibility to also handle minute amounts of jumping, sprinting and even rope-climbing; pretty much any and all activities you would participate in while enduring a CrossFit type of workout and/or training session. However, when it comes to workouts and routines that focus mainly on weightlifting, these shoes truly foot the bill.
Other notable advantages that we found with the Powerlift 3:
- Leather upper is lightweight for extra comfort and added ankle support
- Air mesh design all throughout for extra breathability
- The heel-to-toe drop is low making it an ideal weightlifting and squat shoe
- Midsole is of notably high density
- Solid and secure fit is ensured by the wide strap over laces
- Highly stable platform making it suitable for powerlifting activities
There were of course a few downsides to the Adidas womens shoe. These were:
- If you happen to be a person with very narrow feet, the extra-wide fit of the Adidas Powerlift 3 Cross-Trainer shoe might not be the most ideal choice for you.
- The price of this shoe may put a dent in some wallets as it is in the $100 range.
- They are not particularly designed for a large amount of jumping or running (although doing these activities in smaller amounts is fine with this shoe)
If you happen to be in the market for a high-quality pair of shoes that are especially designed for powerlifting/weightlifting activities, the Adidas Powerlift 3 Cross-trainers should most definitely be up for consideration. Their innovative design and reasonable price tag make them worth considering for any female weight trainer.